Police Chief Michelle Lee is actively recruiting for school crossing guards so if you know anyone that might be interested, please have them call us.
Here’s the details from the Chief:
The Police Department is in dire need to hire at least one school crossing guard for the Doramor/Harvey post and three alternate guards for the school year. If you know of someone who may be interested in the position(s) please have them contact Patti Long or Ptl. Llewellyn at 330 673-3221. Some additional information is below:
Employment Opportunity-School Crossing Guard
The Kent Police Department currently has openings available for School Crossing Guards within the city. Posts are to be staffed at the following times, when Kent Public Schools are in session:
- 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM (7:30 AM – 9:00 AM for Crain)
- 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM (2:45 PM – 4:15 PM for Crain)
- The posts are located at the following intersections:
- Fairchild Ave. at Woodard Ave.
- Crain Ave. at North Willow St.
- S. Water St. at School St. and McDonald’s driveway
- Francis Ave. at Elno Ave.
- School St. at Franklin Ave.
- Doramor St. at Harvery St.
- If you or someone you know may have an interest in applying to become a School Crossing Guard in the City of Kent, please call Ptl. Llewellyn or Patti at 330-673-3221 for more information about the requirements and responsibilities of the position.