With Kent State students returning to campus, there’s a buzz of activity around town.
As students settle in to their rental units the City will often get questions from parents asking about problems with their son’s or daughter’s apartment — and we do our best to answer them and direct them to people that can help.
This morning the Mayor received a thank you note from a dad in Maryland who was extremely appreciative of the quick response of the Kent Fire Department to his daughter’s concern over the carbon monoxide alarm going off.
The Fire Department’s gas detection equipment quickly identified a leak in the oven and thankfully the incident ended without incident.
It’s a great reminder of the importance of keeping the carbon monoxide and smoke alarms in good working order.
Nice job to the tenants for calling and letting us know, and nice job to the Kent Fire Department for the quick response.