Following the success of last year, my friends at Standing Rock Cultural Arts are laying down the musical gauntlet once again, challenging all those would-be rock stars out there to a series of head-to-head competitions that will leave one band standing above the rest. So get ready to rumble, it’s time for the Battle of the Bands in Kent.
In the musical equivalent of steel cage grudge matches, Standing Rock sponsors a 3 month long rock-off that lets the fans pick a band worthy of taking the title of the last band standing.
Are you the next U2? Pearl Jam? Audioslave? Then click here to sign your band up: Link to Sign Up If you scroll down you’ll see the details of the event. Don’t wait, sign up now!
In case you missed it, last year’s winners were:
1. Dr. Teeeth
2. The Zou
3. Run Run Addington
And here’s some photo’s of the main events:
Here’s the Details of the Event
WHAT: The Battle of Standing Rock II
– a battle of bands featuring every genre of music
– sponsored by CDCentric.com
– prizes include a microphone & drum package, 1000 CD Package , 15 hours of recording time at Moondog Studios, and a CD release party at Club Khameleon
WHEN: February-April, 2007
– Preliminary Rounds 8pm on Mondays: February 26th, March 5th, 12th (The Robin Hood)
Thursdays: March 1st, March 8th, March 15th (Club Khameleon)
Fridays: March 2nd, March 9th, March 16th (Woodsy’s School of Rock Stage)
– Semifinal Rounds 8pm on Mondays: March 19th, Thursday: March 22nd, Friday: March 23rd
– Final Round 8pm on Saturday, April 14
WHERE: Various Kent Locations
– The Robin Hood, 503 E. Main St. on Mondays
– Club Khameleon, 626 N. Water St. on Thursdays
– Woodsy’s School of Rock Stage, E. Main St., Downtown Kent on Fridays
– The Kent Stage, 175 E. Main St. for the Final Round on Saturday, April 14.
REGISTRATION FEE: No Sign-up Fee! No Demo required! It’s Free!
REGISTER: Sign-up at BattleOfStandingRock.com
ADMISSION: $5.00 a night for six bands
It’s That Time Again – The SECOND Battle Begins February 26th, 2007!!
And, since it was such a BLAST the first time, we’ve opened up BOSR2 to
First Come, First Served – Sign-up Today – It’s Free!!
Standing Rock Cultural Arts is proud to announce our second Battle of Standing Rock, a classic battle of the bands. This competition is open to any group of 2 or more musicians, aged 14 and up, and all genres of music. There will be room for a maximum of 56 artists/bands to compete.
Judges will be from local music venues, various bands, and others connected to the local music scene. Judging criteria will include 1. Originality, 2. Onstage Presence, 3.
Quality, 4. Time Use and 5. Crowd Reaction.
WHO: Standing Rock Cultural Arts and The Women’s Resource Center of Kent State University present