An American original, our blend of University academicians, townsfolk, blue-collar workers, artists, retirees, bohemians, civil service workers, poets, moms, dads, and school kids brings a vibrancy that is wide but subtle. It's subtle because there is a rich fabric in every niche, but unless you're specifically looking for it, as large as that pocket may be, it might escape the casual observer.
That's because Kent has learned to share a small town among many folks of diverse interests and backgrounds.
While live music may be Kent's headline act, Kent has a wide range of cultural amenities to enjoy. Best of all, our intimate-sized venues mean there's never a bad seat in the house.
Our small-town offerings include:
- Calendar of festivals, special events, and local sporting
- Internationally-renowned speakers, unique classes, and educational opportunities
- Local comedy
- Music of every sort - from folk to blues, rock, techno, and underground
- Outdoor movies, theater, and art shows
- Top-tier Division 1 sporting events, compliments of the athletes at Kent State University