It’s been relatively quiet on the grocery front over the last 6 months but that’s just because the Save A Lot folks were busy putting hammers to nails and doing building renovations to prepare for their Grand Opening which is now set for December 20th, just in time for your holiday food shopping. If you haven’t been in a Save A Lot store before I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the savings they offer on their products. And although they call themselves an “edited” grocery chain, they have all the basics you’d ever need. Be sure to come by the store next week and please support this new Kent business.
Jaime Powers, (314) 592-9504
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SAVE-A-LOT OPENS NEW STORE IN KENT, OH
Unique, Edited Assortment Grocery Format Saves Consumers Up to 40 Percent
ST. LOUIS , December 12, 2007 – Save-A-Lot, the nation’s largest edited assortment grocery chain, announces it will open a store in Kent, Ohio, located at 1416 South Water Street, on Thursday, December 20. The company, headquartered in St. Louis, operates more than 1,150 stores nationwide including.
“We are very excited to open a store in Kent,” said Jaime Powers, company spokesperson. “Save-A-Lot’s edited assortment retailing model and nationwide buying power allows us to offer the best quality groceries at a significant savings to shoppers. We are committed to offering local shoppers high-quality groceries at a savings of up to 40 percent.”
The new Kent store will carry fresh meat, fruits and vegetables, dairy products, canned goods and packaged items, multi-ethnic food items, frozen foods and more, plus non-food products like health and beauty care items. Save-A-Lot also offers a selection of unique general merchandise items, including houseware and hardware items.
The store will employ approximately 15 to 20 employees.
A Different Kind of Grocery Store
Save-A-Lot is the nation’s largest and fastest growing edited assortment grocery chain with more than 1,150 stores in 40 states from Maine to California. There are many factors which separate Save-A-Lot from conventional grocery retailers, including:
· Smaller store size . Save-A-Lot’s smaller stores are designed to make shopping quick and convenient.
· Edited assortment . Save-A-Lot carries the products most used by consumers. By eliminating costly overhead and unnecessary amenities, the store can offer the best of the most frequently purchased products and pass the savings on to its customers.
· Quality products . Save-A-Lot features many exclusive products that meet or exceed the quality of the national brands. In fact, many of the same producers of name brands also produce Save-A-Lot exclusive brands. The difference is that Save-A-Lot shoppers don’t pay for costly national brand advertising and marketing. In addition, Save-A-Lot offers many national brands at a savings up to 40 percent.
· Fresh. Save-A-Lot operates a network of 15 distribution centers strategically located across the United States, allowing the company to provide the freshest product to stores.
· A True Neighborhood Store . In addition to a great experience and significant savings, Save-A-Lot is dedicated to being a neighborhood grocery store by supporting community organizations, activities and events that are consistent with its philanthropic philosophies.
Save-A-Lot, the nation’s leading extreme value, edited assortment grocery chain and the nation’s fifth largest grocery banner, operates more than 1,150 value-oriented stores in all types of neighborhoods: urban, rural and suburban, and delivers up to 40 percent of savings compared to conventional grocery stores. Save-A-Lot is a wholly owned subsidiary of SUPERVALU INC. (NYSE: SVU), a Fortune 100 company and one of the largest companies in the U.S. grocery channel. For more information and a list of store locations, visit www.save-a-lot.com.